Monday, March 7, 2011

The 3rd Texas Hoedown


On Saturday March 5th 5:30am I left my house in the pouring rain to meet up with some of my fellow club brothers and friends. With my 29 down for the bed, frame, rear-end work and no more money for it I took up the roll as the chase car. Bobby had his 27 sedan and Josh with is new 60 Custom Cab. We took of in the rain with hopes of better weather and a good show turn out. Driving threw BMT with Bobby in the lead, Josh right behind him and me pulling up the rear going up a hill at the top Bobby hits a pond of water that no one could see. The water covered the car and poor old Bobby and Pool riding in there and with what's left ran into Josh's cab. All anyone could do was laugh and keep on going. After driving for an hour in the rain it started to clam down so we made a pit stop. Every one was still laughing about the pond and being soaked so with spirits high and no more rain we put the pedal to the metal. Well after the rain came the cold and the high wind. We pull up at the gates to the show about 9:00am, Pretty good for what they had to go through.
Show time, still being early and the gates don't really open until 10:00am we head for the inside vendors to get out of the wind and hope to dry off some. With some hotdogs and Bar-B-Q sandwiches for breakfast it was beer time. As the day moved on more folks and rides and more beer came and went down. Good music going all day for Big E at the d.j. booth and live bands going all day, pin-ups walking around,and kool rides. About 3:00pm the sun finally came out and made it into a real nice afternoon. This is just what I needed a good show with good friends to get my mind off all the every day crap and to get me motivated on my ride. Those who got scared from the weather missed out. I have been to all the Texas Hoedowns and love them all. The Hellions always do a good job. How many car shows have you been to where you can get tattooed, watch a MMA fight, see roller girls in action, watch good bands, buy goodies from your favorite kustom companies, and hit a swap meet all in one. None. Only the Hellions have been able to do this. I'm looking forward to next year as I hear a roomer about making this a two day show, only time will tell either way I'll be there.
Sorry for not having any pics. I guess ya'll will just have to go see it for your self next year. Thanks again to the Hellions and all my friends for a good day.
Chunk

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: